Resident-Owned Businesses (ROBs)
Elm City Communities/Housing Authority of New Haven (ECC/HANH) serves residents who start their own businesses ROBs by providing technical assistance services.
- Assistance in the outreach, recruitment, and potential contractor’s capacity assessment.
- A computerized database for Section 3, MBE, WBE and other small businesses to access for potential contract opportunities.
- Computer access for ROBs to obtain information on construction contract advertisements and communicate with other owners regarding potential contracting opportunities.
- One-on-one consultation with the ROB’s business consultant once a week.
Quarterly training workshops to explain ownership and the basic business tools required to successfully operate a newly formed business. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Instructional training in business plan development and business conduct
- OSHA 101
- Bookkeeping, clerical, financial and payroll management
- Contract negotiating
- Cost estimating skills