From education, career counseling, budget and housekeeping management to becoming a homeowner or starting your own business, FSS programs can help you overcome obstacles standing in the way of your personal goals. FSS activities are held at the Place for Families Computer Lab, 295 Wilmot Road, New Haven. 

Additional courses are offered at the Quinnipiac Terrace Computer Lab and Learning Center, 2 John Williamson Drive, New Haven. All classes are free. 

For more information about these classes, please contact Maria at 203-498-8800, ext. 1175. 

In addition to our Homeownership Program and job training opportunities, your RSC will notify you about new program opportunities as they become available.

Referrals and your progress are tracked and reassessed on a regular basis. RSCs, FSS and CED staff communicate with one another to ensure your success. Open dialog and one-on-one meetings help us keep you on track. If you move to another development, your file will transfer to the new location with you for seamless, uninterrupted assistance so you never have to “start over.”

You can report changes online using the client portal. It’s important to report any income changes promptly in order to maintain your eligibility.

ECC and 360 residents can pay rent online using the Payment Vision Webportal.

You can also mail checks to:

New Haven Housing Authority
Rent Payments
PO Box 70238
Philadelphia, PA 19176-9914

If you incurred damage to personal belongings due to a malfunction on the premises, you have seven days from the day the damage occurred to submit a Damage Claim via your local Housing office to the Executive Office Manager.

In your damage claim, provide a detailed description of the property location involved, including how, when, and where the loss occurred. Also include a complete inventory of damaged and undamaged property with quantities, costs, and amount of loss claimed if possible.

During Elm City business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:30), you can submit work orders by calling your property manager directly:

After business hours and on weekends, you can call the On-Call Maintenance team at 203-498-8800.

See the Work Orders page for more information.

You can apply online using the application portal. Please note that you need an active email address to apply.

For more information, visit the How to Apply page.

We have locations throughout the City of New Haven.

Visit our property listings to locate a specific development.

You can request an accommodation by filling out a Request for Reasonable Accommodation form.

If you require help filling out that form or need to submit your request in some other way, contact Teena Bordeaux, Reasonable Accommodations Manager at:
360 Orange Street, New Haven, Connecticut; by phone at 203-498-8800 ext. 1507; or by email at tbordeaux@elmcitycommunities.org.

If you are a victim of domestic violence, see our Domestic Violence Policy for details on the steps we can take to protect you and your family.

If you have any questions, please contact ECC’s Reasonable Accommodations Manager at 203-498-8800.

For help and advice on escaping an abusive relationship, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY).

You may also call the local InfoLine at 211.

Visit the Family Self Sufficiency page for more information on applying for the Family Self Sufficiency program.

You will need to register on our Vendor Collaboration Portal.

For more information, visit our Procurement Department on the Doing Business With ECC page.

Project-based vouchers (PBV) are rental assistance for eligible families who live in specific housing developments or units. The PBV program is a component of the Housing Choice Voucher Program (commonly called Section 8), a federally funded rental assistance program.

PBV assists families with rent burdens to afford their rents after they pay approximately 30% of their adjusted incomes.

The Project-Based Voucher program is different from the regular HCV program in that the subsidy is “attached” to the unit and may have supportive service requirements.

RAD is a federal program that allows Rent Supplement (Rent Supp), Rental Assistance Payment (RAP), and Mod Rehab properties to convert tenant protection vouchers issued upon contract expiration or termination to project-based assistance. The tenant protection vouchers you have applied for are Project Based Vouchers (PBV).

ECC issues Enhanced vouchers to eligible residents who live in certain developments where the owners prepay the existing mortgage or voluntarily terminate the project’s mortgage insurance. This is referred to as “conversion.”

ECC also issues Enhanced vouchers to eligible residents who live in certain developments where the owners refinance or “de-couple” the existing mortgage.

For more information, view or download the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Section 8: Enhanced Vouchers [PDF].

You can request an inspection online via web contact form.

Please include your email address, phone number, street address and unit number.

Sign up for ECC SMS Text Notifications

Customer Satisfaction Surveys

ECC Mobile App
How are we Doing?

Questions or Comments?