Q. What are Payment Standards?
A. Payment standards is the maximum monthly assistance payment for a family assisted in the voucher program
The payment standard for a family is the lower of:
– Payment standard for the family unit size indicated on the voucher;
– or Payment standard for the size of the unit leased by the family.
Effective January 1, 2023, Elm City Communities Payment standards are:
Q. What is a utility Allowance?
A. A utility allowance is applied when the tenant is responsible for all or part of their utilities for the unit. Utility allowance schedule can be found here: Utility allowance schedule PDF
Q. How does Utility allowance and Payment Standard play a part in my search for a unit?
A. When searching for a unit consider the gross rent. Gross rent is the contract rent of the unit + the utility allowance. For Example, you found a 2 bedroom and the rent for the unit is $1750 and you are responsible for Heating (gas), Cooking (gas) and Electric. Your Utility allowance is $151. The gross rent will be $1901.That exceeds the payment standard for a 2-bedroom unit, that is $1791. Therefore, ECC may not approve this unit because the gross rent is higher than the payment standard and which may cause the unit to not be affordable to you depending on your income.
View or download documents
- Interim Re-exam Packet [PDF] English
- Interim Re-exam Packet [PDF] Spanish
- Reasonable Accommodation Application [PDF] English
- Reasonable Accommodation Application [PDF) Spanish
- VAWA English
- VAWA Spanish
- Fair Housing Complaint Form [PDF]
- Mobility Counseling Request English [PDF]
- Mobility Counseling Request Spanish
- MTW Income Tiers
- Intent to Vacate [PDF]
- Request for Portability [PDF]
- Minimum Rent Exemption [PDF] English & Spanish
- Hardship Exemption Request [PDF] English
- Hardship Exemption Request [PDF] Spanish
Resources for Current HCV Participants
Persons with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation may contact Elm City Communities (ECC) at 203-498-8800 for special assistance with the application process.
If you have any questions, please contact our office directly at 203-498-8800.